From: Susan Gawarecki [mailto:loc@icx.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 1999 11:47 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Radiation damage to immune system?

Today I received an ad for a book by Joseph J. Mangano, "Low Level
Radiation and Immune System Damage: An Atomic Era Legacy."  Can anyone
tell me if this concept is considered "cutting edge" or "fringe"?  Does
this person have a good reputation in the field?

I'm most interested in your professional opinions, as this is a claim I
hear frequently from some of the more vocal health/anti-nuclear
activists.
--
Susan L. Gawarecki, Ph.D., Executive Director
Oak Ridge Reservation Local Oversight Committee, Inc.