Re: Transport cask testing for HL waste

The hardcore anti-nuke will never be sold on the truth because this is the way
they have chosen to make a living, whatever credentials they might hold.

If they cease to be anti-nukes, they will need to actually work for a living
instead of receiving stipends/fees for speaking engagements mostly paid for by
universities (our tax dollars) and funding by some rather surprising sources.

Shortly after leaving the navy, 29 years ago, I worked ina a coal mine for a
short time.  Union officials and mine officials had the miners convinced the
nuclear industry was the cause for closing mines in Pennsylvania, West
Virginia, Ohio, etc. instead of the truth... the area had been pretty much
mined out.

It was a rare issue of the union newspaper that did not have at least one
article slamming nuclear.

Also a few years back, just prior to an anti-nuke rally/picketing at Hanford,
I was informed by a friend, of an advertisement for protesters in the Seattle
paper.  They were paying people about $8.00/hr and providing bus
transportation to the Hanford site.
A side line...One day I asked one of the old coal miners why one area of the
mine was so wet...He asked if I knew what was above us.  I said, "No."  He
informed me it was the water reservoir for the city in which I lived....City
officials had placed us on water use restrictions due to low water levels in
the reservoir and the mine was pumping thousands of gallons/hour out to the
Ohio river.

Just another side "benefit" from our fossil fueled industry.

Tom Hull

hulltmsr@aol.com