RE: Looking for portable source-check holder

Here at the Oak Ridge K-25 site,  we have a Cs-137 Source check for checking
the Micro-R meters here.  The setup is simple.  the source is mounted on the
inside end of a metal box.  The bottom of the box slides out, putting the
source at a distance to the box.  The meter butts up against the open end of
the box while the source slides away.  The range distance has been
calculated for each scale of the meter.  The "X" scale is marked on the
bottom.  Simply slide the source out until the proper scale is shown and
take your measurement.  It would probably only take about an hour to build
the box.  I don't remember what the activity of our source is, but the box
is about 1 meter long (2 meters if the bottom is slid out all the way).