Benchmark for CERCLA comparison

I am interested in what RADSAFERs feel is an appropriate benchmark dose to
utilize when assessing CERCLA units with residual radionuclide
contamination in soil.  In the CERCLA assessment process, we assume a waste
unit will become a residential area in the future.  In addition to
assessing the potential for carcinogenic risk per EPA procedures, we also
calculate total effective dose equivalents for the hypothetical resident.
Once dose is calculated, what should I compare to?

Am I correct in my understanding that dose criteria / limits are only
defined for workplace exposures?  Are there any dose criteria for
"residential" scenarios?

Any suggestions or references to EPA, NRC or other entity guidance or
regulation is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Henry

Thomas Henry Wood
Blue Ridge Environmental Consulting, Inc.
600 Highway 25 North
Travelers Rest, SC  29690
864-834-5513
thenry@viperlink.net