RE: the latest on 'Atomic Train' Set for Sunday

Oh come on!  I am not an employee of GE, nor of NEI, nor of a nuclear
utility, nor do I benefit in any way at all if "Atomic Train" is shown or
not shown, and I found the promotional "it could happen to you!" material
egregious.  Moreover, in the climate of nuke phobia (or whatever you want to
call it) and of anti- science that we now live in, I saw "Atomic Train" as
just another example of pandering to anti-nuke hysteria.  I am delighted
there was so much objection!  Isn't it just barely possible that the promo
was pulled because it was offensive hysteria-mongering, and that even
someone at NBC recognized this?  Isn't it further possible that someone
found the disclaimer necessary because of the promo?

I am reminded that, when I was in high school, I read "The Wall" by John
Hersey and I thought it was a true story through the very last page.
Opposite that page was a disclaimer that it was fiction.  I neither know nor
care who put the disclaimer in, or why, nor does the disclaimer in any way
diminish the book.

Clearly only my own opinion.

Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
Sandia National Laboratories