AirNet Systems - DOT Exemption for Transporting Radioactive Materials

Thursday May 13, 3:49 pm Eastern Time

Company Press Release

SOURCE: AirNet Systems, Inc.

AirNet Systems Receives DOT Exemption for Transporting
Radioactive Materials

COLUMBUS, Ohio, May 13 /PRNewswire/ -- AirNet Systems, Inc.
(NYSE: ANS - news) one of the premier specialty integrators,
announced today it has received approval from the Department of
Transportation for a DOT-E#7060 exemption certificate which
permits AirNet to expand the transportation of certain radioactive
materials aboard its aircraft. AirNet is one of only three carriers in
the country to hold such an exemption.

Guy King, Vice President Express Sales, said, ``This exemption,
coupled with our multiple reflex hub system, gives AirNet and its
customers a time advantage that cannot be matched through other
carriers. AirNet can deliver the time-sensitive products to the end
user within short time periods, thus creating a substantial cost
savings for the Radioactive Pharmaceutical Industry. We look
forward to developing and refining shipping solutions for this
important growth market.''

Jerry Mercer, Chairman, CEO and President, added, ``The
Radioactive Pharmaceutical Industry has long sought an alternative
in transporting its products. Over the past several months, we have
trained and developed the AirNet team to address the needs of this
market. We will maintain a rigorous set of operating controls to
ensure the safety of the material handlers and crew. This
significantly expands our capabilities within the medical market,
which is an integral part of our Express strategy.''

AirNet Express, the transportation network of AirNet Systems,
Inc., provides the latest pickup with early delivery and offers
solutions to the most time-critical challenges. With a fleet of 118
operating aircraft, including 30 Learjets, and 250 ground
vehicles, AirNet flies over 455,000 miles each week.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205

              - G. K. Chesterton -