Re: therapeutic I-131 dose given to wrong patient

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 06:44:40 -0500 (CDT) William V Lipton
<liptonw@dteenergy.com> writes:
>All of you medical HP's?  What's going on?

WORK IS WHAT'S GOING ON!  HAVE YOU SUDDENLY DISCOVERED WHAT WE ALL HAVE
KNOWN FOR SOME TIME, THAT MISTAKES DO OCCUR INVOLVING THE ROUTINE MEDICAL
USE OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL?

Medical HP's don't usually work with the patients in Nuclear Medicine;
we do try very hard to help the techs, to train the techs in Rad Safe
methods, and monitor the techs in their work.  And the techs generally do
an excellent job.  That's why you don't see a super abundance of these
kinds of reports.  Your question above left me with the impression that
you thought something untoward was happening to, with or by medical HPs!
Remember that frequently when one finger is pointed outward there are
four pointing back in the 180 degree direction.

Bob Scott, RPO
Roger Williams Medical Center
Providence, Rhode Island
bobscottchp@juno.com