Re: Intentional Use of Radionuclides for Harm

"Richard, Mack L" wrote:

> Dear Bill & Radsafers:
>
> I guess I'm going to have to disagree with Bill Lipton's thoughts that we
> need to develop strategic plans to deal with these events where someone
> attempts to harm someone else with radioactivity.  I'm not against being
> proactive, but the fact is that most of these events have resulted in little
> risk of significant effect to the exposed individuals.  etc.

I wholeheartedly agree, but the news media will never refrain from printing
anything that will sell papers and not get them sued.

BTW,  what is the definition of the word "proactive"?  I am unable to find it in
any dictionary to which I have access.

Just my own opinions.

Jack Bell,bellstar@erols.com