Re[2]:"Radioactive fork, dear?"

I just read the article in question. I strongly encourage all Radsafers to send
a letter to the editor of U.S. News Online regarding this most recent attempt to
discredit the DOE and the nuclear industry in general. You can write them at
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/usinfo/infomain.htm   The article is indeed full of
fallacies and misinformation. I think what bothered me the most about this
article is that Thomas Danjzcek, president of the Steel Manufacturers
Association, refers to his group as the "safety net" to keep "radioactive
metals" out of consumer products. His statements would inevitably lead the
average reader to falsely assume that the DOE has no limits or guidelines for
the release of their scrap.

Elizabeth Algutifan,
Health Physicist
Weldon Spring Site Remedial Action Project
Elizabeth_Algutifan@wssrap-host.wssrap.com