Re: Radon class demo

Try to use polyester base filter, Radon usually stick to it very well.
Or if you can:
find some metal or other electro-conductive material base filter and apply to
it (-) charge.
It should attract positive charged Radon and progeny and of course alphas.
You see
most of the isotopes Radium or other decay chains go thru beta decay at some
point
so they get positive charged.

I hope, it will work for you.

Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com

You wrote:

I tried this using thick filter paper and after 2 min of filtering I did
not detect any activity over background with a GM counter.

Any ideas?  I am in the upper midwest and this area should have a pretty
high conc of radon gas.