Re: Radon class demo

	The problem is not with the filter paper. The dust, which is
easily visible in many cases, contains the radon progeny and it sticks to
the front surface of the filter. I used chemistry laboratory filter paper,
but I am sure toilet paper or anything else that acts as a filter would
work fine. Of course the side of the filter paper that contains the dust
must be the side placed against the detector.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260