Re: personrem/personSievert

Rachid Zitouni wrote:

> Ruth Weiner has placed at least three postings trying
> to convince "macho-prone" persons that there is
> nothing wrong in using persons-Sv instead of man-Sv.
> What's all the fuss about this?

My minor annoyance was with her coming on and scolding the other
fellow for his word usage.  She is, of course, free to corrupt the
language to any degree she desires.  Each reader can then interpret
her writing as he pleases. But it is generally more productive to
completely take care of one's own business before minding others'.
Hint: the way to absolutely guarantee that the other person does not
do what one desires is to scold him in person.

John
--
John De Armond
johngdSPAMNOT@bellsouth.net