Re[2]:Sadistics

>From: KDA2921@aol.com
>Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 00:41:11 EST
>Subject: Re: Counting Sadistics

>Why not include the isotopes less than the critical level?

>>Because, as the definition of critical level implies, its background!  No
net
>>signal!  Occupational internal doses should not be based on such
>>"garbage" data.

>>Rodney Bauman, CHP, RRPT
>>rodney_bauman@wssrap-host.wssrap.com

Correct me if I am wrong, but results below the critical level are not
necessarily "garbage" and certainly not background.  Results below the
critical are merely indistinguishable from a background distribution.  There
are times I use values below the critical level, such as for bioassay,
where a known intake occurred and there is other data above the critical
value, but I need to fit a curve to lower values as well.

Scott Siebert
Mound Internal Dosimetry
siebsr@doe_md.gov