RE: Re[2]: Irradiated milk to be available in Feb 2000 -Reply

I've got to chime in with Steve Rima and Michael Ford.  Let the spin doctors
do their thing.  Any way that food irradiation can be sold to the public,
then that way should be adopted.  Food irradiation saves lives and prevents
disease.  The world needs it. This is real life saving, not atom chasing.

No one says anything about the irradiated spices that are imported into this
country, and I see no point in vividly telling people that the milk is
irradiated.  I'll lay you ten to one that, with the right spin on cold
pastuerization, the health food fans will snap it up like crazy.

We health physicists make lousy sales people and maybe we should give more
to the spin doctors.  On the other hand, I have seen some pretty good
imaginations out there and I'll bet you could come up with a cool title for
the process, one that the public would buy.  How's this one - the EBASHIM
process for Electron Blast and SmasH E-coli in Meat? Ok, ok so I'm not a
spin doctor.

Larry Grimm
UCLA
lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu