50 hours ! WOW

Ladies and gentlemen

I am a newcomer to this listserver. I did it upon suggestion of others.
I was very pleased to see that I have subscribed to a forum  that
provides a good discussion. In addition I immediately noted that this
community is very active.
After 3 days on the list I start to worry: it is maybe too active - the
discussion starts to get blurred - anything, including spell ckecking?

A simple calculation: suppose the listserver has a mailing list of 1000.
To read and understand a message, (excuse me, English is not my mother
tongue) takes me in the average 3 minutes. Thus every message sent out
will use up an integral of 3000 minutes of recipients' time, that's 50
hours and that's almost 7 days if you work about 8 hours a day.

So, may I suggest that we keep the discussion focussed, otherwise I have
to get off folks.

I realise that I am not consistent here, though I have kept it short,
because by sending this I have wasted almost 15 hours of your time. But
I hope that this investment up front will have overall a time saving
effect.