Re: GM Calibration

This may help explain what you are seeing (I won't delve into whether your
calibration is appropriate or not) by using info from a Ludlum
Measurements, Inc. (you can look up the numbers for your particular
probes):

Model 44-7 End Window GM detector: sensitivity typically 2100 cpm/mR/hr
Cs-137 gamma
Model 44-9 Pancake GM detector: sensitivity typically 3300 cpm/mR/hr Cs-137
gamma
Sensitivity ratio Pancake/End window = 1.6

Malek Chatila <mc02@aub.edu.lb>@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu on 12/06/99 12:42:09
AM

Please respond to radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

Sent by:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu