RADSAFE moderation

Kerembaev@cs.com wrote:

> I think, somebody need to tell that soon or later.
> Seems to me Radsafe needs some set of principles and rules to function and to
> survive as a group.

Please note that discussion of list administration is off-topic in
RADSAFE.  All concerns should be directed to me via private e-mail.

Such rules already exist and have for quite a long time now.  At the
bottom of each and every RADSAFE posting is a link to the RADSAFE
Frequently Asked Questions list.  On that page is a link to the "RADSAFE
Rules of Netiquette," which outlines proper conduct for participation in
the list.

I realize that I have a philosophy of list moderation (or perhaps
"non-moderation") with which not all agree.  That is, I assume that
everyone is a professional and will act accordingly until s/he
consistently proves otherwise.  Temporary "vacations" from the list are
an action of extreme last resort, as I would much prefer that people
work out their differences with each other without my intervention.

Please remember that we are all in the same field; you never know when
you'll be meeting in person someday.  As amusing as it might be to see
one-to-one combat occur at a meeting over some perceived slight in
RADSAFE, it really would be quite unseemly. <grin>

There are now nearly 3000 RADSAFE subscribers - imagine what it would be
like to put all of you into a room... that's pretty much what we have
here in a virtual sense.

Thanks for listening,

Melissa Woo
RADSAFE List-owner/manager