RE: X rays, high altitude, and floppy disks

Hi Paul,

Interesting question you have.I believe the x-rays do not affect floppy
disks. However maybe it is the the possible use of bomb detectors that are
magnetic in nature which may cause the problem. It takes a charge to effect
the disks. Maybe you should asked the vender if they scan the disks with a
magnetic device. The foil may be shielding the disks from the magnetic flux
of the detector.

Thomas Burns HPS
burnst@coned.com
Indian Point 2 Nuclear Power Plant