Re: RADSAFE digest 3640

To: Mark Somerville

Dr. Ernst Sternglass was at University of Pittsburgh (Pitt) in the
Medical School Radiology Department. I was student in the graduate  HP
program at Pitt, and Dr. Ernst Sternglass was professor, he taught in
the Health Physics Program, along with Dr. Neil Wald, Dr. J. Watson, Dr.
Allen Brodsky, etc. I took HP classes from Dr. Sternglass in the
graduate HP Pitt program. In fact he was one of my thesis advisors
(along with Dr. Wald and Dr. Brodsky), and recommended my staying on at
Pitt as University of Pittsburgh RSO which I did. I believe Dr.
Sternglass came to Pitt from Westinghouse Corporation (medical imaging
division), and was/is co-holder of radiology image intensifier original
patents with Westinghouse.

Ken Lamson
CHP, CIH, CSP