Type B Package Tests

I recently purchased three 10 gallon DOT 6M Type B containers.  When I
requested the package test results the manufacturer stated the following:
"CFR 49, which we build the container I.A.W., does not require testing as it
does for the Type A packages."  I've reviewed 49 CFR and 10 CFR 71 and I
could not find anything that said that a DOT Specification 6M metal
packaging was exempt from the accident conditions testing.  Any ideas?

Jeff Ching
Health Physics Manager UCD/MNRC
E-Mail  chingj@saic.com
Phone  (916) 614-6200