Graphite Quiz: Re: Chapelcross -(2)

Greetings,

1.1  If I were them, I would be keeping my eye on

moderator as well.

1.2 Even, during this particular event, there was NO

air-oxygen introduced into the moderator.

However,

2.1   Isn't it this a strange combination?

2.1.1 Magnesium-Graphite.

3.1

Here comes the quiz: Reactor Designers.

 Why did they/he/she choose those materials?

a) Magnesium has a pretty look :-)

b) It is slim = has light weight. :-)

c) Both graphite and magnesium are flammables =

   temperature + free oxygen.

d) In Great Britain: Zirconium is an import product,

   Magnesium is an export product.

e) The reactor designer wanted to be a plane engineer

   rather than a nuclear.

f) A, B and E

g) C and D

Good luck, fellas!

Emil.

From: Paul William Shafer

Subject: Chapelcross

It seems to me that Chapelcross is a MAGNOX graphite

CO2 cooled reactor like the ones

Magnesium canned oxide fuel may explain why

CO2 was sprayed over the spent fuel to prevent a fire

from occuring.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/