Purpose of the List

"Self-serving claptrap. The "Nuclear Information & Resource Service"

is not objective source of news. It is an entity of antinuclear activist

organizations, is promoted as an antinuclear information service, and is

privately funded by contributions by antinuclear supporters. As such, it

cannot be regarded as an objective and balanced source of information.

We ought to be offended that RADSAFE is becoming a political platform

of opportunity for antagonists rather than a technical information exchange

service for radiation safety professionals, especially when the antagonists

engage in blatant intellectual dishonesty like evidenced here.

Steve Frey

(My opinion is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect that or others

of my employer.)"

Well said.  Why do we feel it's necessary to open this list up for debate

on the pros and cons of nuclear energy, radiation, radioactivity, or

nuclear weapons?  This is a list for professionals to share information

with each other regarding our profession - not to defend our

profession.  I'm sure someone else could create a list that had the purpose

of debate between pro-nuclear/anti-nuclear experts.  This is not the place

for it.  Passive harassment is still harassment.  If we really wanted to

read the press slanted to the anti cause, we can find the articles on our own.

Patrick Muldoon

(My words, my opinion only.)