RE: Re: Ecologic Limitations

Hi Tom,

Re your sarcasm :-), see below:

-----Original Message-----

From:	Thomas J Savin

To all involved,

I must confess that the statement below - is totally baffling to me.

The first question is what was the life expectancy in the late 1800's.

Did people live long enough to get lung cancer?

<Yes. "Life expectancy" is heavily weighted by mortality in infants and

childhood diseases, and accidents in early adulthood.>

How were the data reported - as consumption?

<Studies have done the work.>

Radon was discovered in the year 1900.

<Radon areas didn't get created, or move, after 1900 :-) >

Smoking Tobacco had been performed way before the late 1800's.

<Not as heavy cigarette smoking.>

So this statement must be sarcastic, right?

<Wrong. Without more formal sources, consider e.g.:

http://www.smokinglungs.com/cighist.htm

Regards, Jim>

Please, no one take this as an offense - it is not meant to be - but it

just does not make any sense.

Best Regards for the New Year,

Tom Savin

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:43:22

 Before smoking (late 1800s)

--

Click here for your very own create-a-date adventure from MatchMaker

Go to http://ecard.matchmaker.com/dating.html