Re: dose limits for members of the public

In a message dated 02/12/2002 4:08:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, chris.davey@cancerboard.ab.ca writes:

If what Sandy says below is truly the result....  so be it.  But I don't believe that it is true, any more than it would be true for 'audio'
radiation:

The fact that we know that low levels of 'audio' radiation are harmless does not mean that, in circumstances where levels are high, we do not provide
hearing protection, sound insulation, or engineer alternatives which run more quietly.

I agree.  We may raise the threshhold of concern, but that doesn't mean we would willy-nilly allow the use of radiation and radioactive materials without continued oversight, and regulatory controls.  I would think the threshholds for posting, reporting, controlling, etc. would be increased, but certainly not disappear.

Barbara L. Hamrick