Re: West Wing, et. al.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Paul lavely" <lavelyp@uclink4.berkeley.edu>

>You

> believe that it is I who has tried to censure someone?

No, I don't.

> Look at

> comments to and about Norm Cohen and you can see some serious censure

> at work.

Don't agree with some of that either.

> My comments were that perhaps there are times when a TV show

> is entertainment and not a vehicle of attempted social change.

That judgment has to be made on a case by case basis. In this particular

case, it seems that it may have been a vehicle of attempted social change.

> I may be being too sensitive;

> however, it appears that you are

> suggesting that I have implied that people do not have a right to

> respond to or express an opinion?

You said that the Health Physics Society should comment on TV shows. Does

that mean that individuals shouldn't? I really don't know what you meant by

that statement. All I did was express my belief that individuals should

comment if they felt it necessary. I did not mean to imply that you are any

less tolerant than the rest of us.

You were not the only one who made comments along those lines and my

comments were not specifically directed at you. (And you are right, we have

drifted somewhat off topic.)

Kai