Cohen's Ecologic Nonsense

I have been following this thread for years and

this will be my only post.

This topic does matter very much.  There are

some people like Dr. Cohen who appear to be

trying to use the health effects of radon to

defeat the validity of the linear non threshold

theory. Why would anyone use such a weak

scientific method to try to defeat or prove

anything.  No wonder the antinuclear group and

middle of the road HPs laugh at this list as the

soap opera of the HP world.  If antinuks ever

tried to perform an ecologic study to prove the

LNTT, they would ridiculed beyond belief on this

list.

 I have read in the book Radon's Deadly

Daughters that many feel, including Dr. Cohen,

that if the LNTT is shown not to be valid for

radon, it can be inferred that it is not valid

for radiation in general. Next, I imagine the

push would be to do away with chemical standards

at their existing level.

Dr. Cohen is a known apologist for the nuclear

industry and general on the board of directors

of such lofty organizations like Radiation

Science and Health whose sole purpose is to

promote raising the safty standards we currently

have.  How can Dr. Cohen have a non biased view

while performing research with all this baggage?

Dr. Field, you may mean well trying to debate

this subject in an open forum, but you must be

naive.  This is not about science.  Most of the

active members of the list care little about

science.  It is too bad more of the quiet

majority does not make their views known.  I

know a lot of HPs who think radon is a serious

threat that should not be ignored.  It is

interesting that in the United States, the

majority of their radiation exposure comes from

radon, but yet the Hs on the list want to

minimize it effects.  Wonder why?

If people will not even take the time to read a

scientific paper, they are not worth wasting

time trying to teach them epidemiology 101.

They want everything spoon fed and fail to try

to grasp concepts out of their area of focus.

This is an excellent topic for a debate, but

unfortunately the wrong location.

Thomas Jones

Sent by Law  Mail