Re: Rad Sources for Workshops

We have the free plans, and sell a kit for, the Kearny Fallout Meter as

designed by Oak Ridge National Labs and detailed in the 'Nuclear War

Survival Skills' book. The kit comes with a inoperable smoke detector

Am-241 radioactive source for testing and experimenting with it. The KFM is

fascinating in that the plans were originally designed to be published in

every paper in America on the eve of WW III to instruct families here how

to build one from common household found parts and then properly utilize

it. We have visitors to our site downloading the free plans as we have here

on-line the complete NWSS book. Many buy the kit to save the time/effort

with not having to do the scavenger hunt for parts and tools. Also, the kit

has most all the construction already done and can be operational in under

an hour. More information on the KFM, the kit, and links to the free

on-line plans, as well as the entire NWSS book, can be seen here...

www.ki4u.com/kfm.htm

BTW, Seven years ago, Dr. Paul S. Lombardi, a junior high, high school and

college science teacher put together a Kearny Radiation Meter kit. This

month (6/02) he is receiving the National Health Physics Society

"Outstanding Science Teacher of the Year Award" for his work in teaching

about radiation. Dr. Lombardi would tell you it began with the Kearny

Radiation Meter Kit. Also, the Boy Scouts like these KFM kits for their

Nuclear Science merit badges, too.

Best Regards,

Shane Connor

webmaster@ki4u.com