Re: Fw: Glass-Based Radon Measurements

John et al,

That depends how one defines "good". A little bit of systematic error is

worse than a lot of random error for these studies. Random errors tend to

"come out in the wash".

Radon concentrations in a house are partially a function of the properties

of the house and partially a function of the lifestyle of the occupants

(opening windows and doors, using central vac ...). Since a lung cancer

diagnosis will affect lifestyle (probably in the same direction for most

people), using current air measurements to extrapolate to previous exposures

can introduce biases.

My interest in the glass based measurements is that they represent a

measurement of the cases' pre-diagnosis radon exposure. However, so far, it

is not making any sense. I'll keep trying. Thank you to those who have taken

the time to help me with the problem both on and off list.

Regards,

Kai

From: "John Johnson" <idias@interchange.ubc.ca>