Re: Air pollution may alter genes

Jan. 7

	My thanks to Susan Gawarecki for posting this.

	If these findings are legitimate why aren't there already mutant children

all over the place around steel mills?

	I urge everyone to go to the ENN (Environmental News Network) link that

Susan gave.  ENN has a comment forum.  The only comments they have received

as of today, 7:15 MST, are from readers questioning the findings or

pointing out that the domestic steel industry is virtually defunct.

	Who conducted this study, and where was it published?  ENN cleverly

avoided revealing those important facts.  Sounds to me like the kind of

"epidemiology" we have come to expect out of Steve Wing, Devra Davis, and

Rosalie Bertell, with a dash of Helen Caldicott.

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com