Re: Nuclear-powered spacecraft plan feared

I don't know much about it, but I believe Hydrazine is used as the fuel for

the on-board maneuvering rockets. My understanding is that it's nasty stuff.

The people who make it do NOT publish the MSDS on their Web site, but two

pages provide some insight into the chemical:

http://www.hydrazine.com/propellants/Care.asp

http://www.hydrazine.com/propellants/911.asp

However, unless there was still a sealed tank of this, I would suspect it

all to dissipate during the 200,000 foot free-fall.

Does anyone know if it bonds to metal surfaces and causes them to become

toxic? It's interesting to note that it's shipped in 55Gal non-returnable

STAINLESS STEEL drums.

Richard