AW: respiratory tract dose

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Jim Hoerner

Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Mai 2003 01:34

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: RE: respiratory tract dose

--------------------

Jim, I have a lot of problems to understand your mail, which in my opinion

is not due to my limited knowledge of English (American).

-----------------------

As a test, I emailed Kevin's question to several organizations.  UnplugSalem

and Greenpeace declined to assist due to a lack of qualifications.

----------

This would be the first time I know of, that Greenpeace would have admitted

that they lack qualifications. You are kidding. Greenpeace has the "one and

only" experts for everything in the news - on whales, on genetically

modified food, on radioactivity, on sustainable energy, on plant diversity,

well, on whatsoever. They even "invented" a malfunction of an Eastern

European Nuclear Power Plant two days ago in order to back their political

intrusion into Austrian politics. The recent accident in the Hungarian Power

Plant of Paks was distorted and made from an undoubtable material damage

associated with huge costs into an extremely dangerous accident, threatening

middle Europe and its population. Do you expect any real and correct

information from such an commercial organisation that Greenpeace is?

I built a deck, but I'm not a qualified carpenter.  I need to do some

wiring, which can be dangerous.  I'm not a qualified electrician and the job

will need to be reviewed by the county regulators.  Maybe I should just tell

my boss (and boy is she pretty)

So, what you complain about????

-------------------------------------

I can't figure it out myself and she should

hire some guy who charges too much but has a pretty certificate on his wall.

------------------------------------

Our oldfashioned Austria has legislation, which more or less harmonizes

charges for works. Nobody, who is not qualified by his specific education

which has to be ended by taking an examination will be allowed to offer

wiring and to do it. Nobody would take the risk to hire somebody who would

probably do the wrong wiring and causing damage. Anyway any problems with

wiring would be the responsibility of the hired company.

About 20 years ago, when I had my flat renovated, the companies doing the

renovation on water pipes, electricity wiring and gas pipes I had a simple

method to force them to do their work correctly: When it was not done

correctly, they simply did not receive my payment. Oh boy, how fast

everything was fixed!

Thats my European comment, some people will not like it.....

Best regards,

Franz