Re: Cardio disease citation--as promised, was Gofman

I don't speak for the "board", but I think the subject is appropriate.

You're not bothering me, but toning down the aggression might be wise.

You're either trying to resolve a complicated issue or your trying to

bully people into your point of view, which is it?

As for Colorado, yes it's beautiful, but full of uranium, and has one

of the highest suicide rates in the country.  Those statements apply to

Wyoming and New Mexico as well.  Many radsafers have noted that low

cancer rates correlate well with high background radiation.  Someday

when I'm not busy I'd like to check nationwide: does high background

radiation correlate with high suicide rates?  There's got to be some

grant money in there somewhere.

Tony Harrison, MSPH

Colorado Dept. of Public Health & Environment

Laboratory Services Division

(303)692-3046

tony.harrison@state.co.us

>>> <NiagaraNet@aol.com> 06/09/03 09:08AM >>>

Dear Mr. Harrison:

Sorry for the interruption to you and your work there in Colorado ( a

beautiful state BTW), but does this mean I should stop bothering the

board?

Does this email mean that I am bothering the board? If so to you, I am

sorry.

Sincerely,

L.H. Ricciuti

"To be confounded is one thing, to be the confounder another." Cite

me...

       *** *** *** *** *** ***

In a message dated 6/9/2003 10:55:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,

Tony.Harrison@state.co.us writes:

>This issue isn't limited to studies of radiation health effects, but

arises

in any study where health effects are correlated with environmental

exposures.

COMMENT--Exactly

>Unlike physics problems, epidemiological problems rarely have answers

that

are clear cut.

COMMENT-So nary the twain shall meet?

> >The bottom line is that neither health physics nor epidemiology

should

> >be practiced by amateurs.

       Back to work,

       Tony Harrison, MSPH

       Colorado Dept. of Public Health & Environment

       Laboratory Services Division

       (303)692-3046

       tony.harrison@state.co.us

COMMENT-NONE, I'm confounded once again.