Re: A respectable end to radon debate needed

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Richard L. Hess wrote:

> Dr. Cohen, do you concur that different mortality statistics and different

> radon metrics do or do not change the outcome of your analysis as proposed

> today by Epirad? Or are these variations in source data "in the noise" as

> far as your conclusions are concerned?

	--I use mortality data from National Center for Health Statistics

for 1970-1979 and for 1979-1994, and both give the same answer. I use

radon data from our measurements, from EPA measurements, and from

measurements sponsored by individual states; all give the same results,

and each of the three sources correlates very well with the others and

withthe composite set.

	Nothing is "in the noise". The discrepancy with LNT is by 25

standard deviations.