Re: Radon and Lung Cancer: What the studies really say.

I do not think you understand either the significance of R2 or cross level

bais, but we have been down that road too many times.  I have just read your

passages you cited and they are far from persuasive.  Your smoking data should

be able to eplain the variabilty of lung cancer mortality especially in such a

large data set.  A simple plot of the data shows the poor agreement.  The

predictability of your lung cancer mortality estimates do even a poorer job of

predicting the variation in mortality incidence for the time period of

interest.

At this point, let's agree to see if the NCRP provides a view on the adequacy

of your smoking data since this dialogue is going nowhere.

Bill Field