Re: Linearity of covariates and radon exposure - response to Mr.Sonter

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 epirad@mchsi.com wrote:

> I placed a copy of Dr. Lubin's paper in the mail.  Please email me directly if

> anyone else would be interested in a copy of the paper.

	--My response to that paper, Jour. Rad. Prot. 22(2002)305-307, is

available on the web at    http://www.iop.org/EJ/toc/0952-4746/22/3  The

problem is that it contains no consideration of plausibility. For example.

it hypothesizes that the ratio of radon exposures for smokers/non-smokers

in a county varies with county average radon levels, r, from 7.0 for r=30,

to 1.0 for r=75, to 2.2 for r=90, to 0.36 for r=150; all this at a time

when nothing was known about radon levels.