Re: Military Health Physics

Dear Bob,

During the Radiological Accident in Goiania, we became more familiar with some special military staff dedicated do Health Physics. A competent group was designated to collaborate in Goiania, operating heavy equipment to demolish contaminated houses.

As you know hierarchy is an important aspect in military organization. When the Military group arrives in Goiania, the Major called the staff and gave them an order to act as I needed to; I was there as General Coordinator to Respond the Accident.

Subsequently, personally I have had several meetings with them. I have learned a lot, as well as, I am sure, they too. I have no doubt managing accident like Goiania, in the Center of populated town; such cooperation is of enormous value.

The head of the Teletherapy unit, cause of the Goiania Accident, was donated to this group. (Off coarse after complete decontamination).

This aspect of Health Physics is devoted to civil radiation safety aspects and it seem to me such activities is interesting to present, details and photos.

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel