Re: First Responders

Dear Ray

 In 1.5 hour presentation/workshop you really do not have enough time to

deal with more than one subject, explaining and discussion.

In terms just to comment  possible situations where first responders usually

can act I suggest the following topics:

Scenarios about Isolation of areas and attention of casualties, in case of

an accident, including also the possibility that the source could be out of

control, before Regulatory Authority could be present;

Scenarios on lost of sources (or abandoned - orphan), where source is found

by member of public before Regulatory Authority could be present;

Fire in Nuclear Medicine Service Therapy using I-131;

Similarities and differences: Dirty Bomb x Radiological Accident in

Goiania - The role of First Responders, especially in the case before

Regulatory could be present.

I also recommend the following IAEA TECDOC 1162, August 2000 - Generic

procedures for assessment and response during a radiological emergency. This

manual provides the tools, generic procedures and data needed for an initial

response to a non-reactor accident. You and colleagues interested can

download it at

http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/te_1162_prn.pdf

If you need any more details about the suggestions, please send me an e-mail

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel