Re: HP Positions

On 6 Nov 2003 at 12:58, John Jacobus wrote:

> I wonder if things changed in the operation of nuclear

> power plants if  the regulations changed.  Any

> comments?

They certainly did! When the revised 10CFR20 was issued, effective

January 1, 1994, respiratory protection, recordkeeping, monitoring,

bioassay programs, etc. changed.

The NRC continues to treat reactor licensees quite different when

compared to other licensees. Perhaps that is suggested by the fact

that reactors have resident inspectors on-site, and  you certainly

don't see that in hospitals (aren't you happy about that)!

Regards,

------------------------------------

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@globaldosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/