Re: An HP Position is Open in Texas [License Reviewer,MedicalandAcademic Licensing Program]

John, Dean, et al.

This isn't "the future", it's "the present". When we're able to hire, we offer entry level salaries that MOST recent college grads would laugh at ... and based on our last attempt at hiring "experienced" staff, experience apparently only counts while employed with our agency ... private industry experience or experience with other state government agencies counts for little.

Bottom line is that those of us in state (and presumably federal as well) government are in it for more than just "the compensation". I would point out, though, that I'd put my retirement plan up against just about anybody's ... but then again, I'm on our "old plan". New hires have a retirement plan more similar to those found in private industry.

My $0.02 worth ...

Jim Hardeman, Manager

Environmental Radiation Program

Environmental Protection Division