Re: Al-Qaida may have nuclear weapons

One of the scenarios I heard (in the 1980s) involved a ship launched cruise missle from a freighter a hundred or so miles off the coast of NY city.  Such missiles are designed to fly under radar systems.

The limiting factor will be the technology. Of course, the hardest is acquiring the nuclear or radiological device.  The second is getting or building a short range cruise missile.  Of course, the Nazis build thousands of them during WWII, so the technology is not that sophisticated.

LNMolino@AOL.COM wrote:

In a message dated 2/12/2004 9:08:58 PM Central Standard Time,

crispy_bird@yahoo.com writes:

I would argue that using it in a city would have a bigger impact. Consider

the impact that the attack on Hiroshima had on the Japanese.

Yes, true, BUT you have to get said device to said City and I would HOPE that

this would be difficult at least here in the US, abroad well that I feel is a

different story and of course the Israelis have the issue to deal with in a

whole way beyond anything else.

What better way to "hurt" Israel then to use even a less then 1KT true Nuke.

Again i feel if they had them they'd use them for fear of loosing them via

covert operations on the part of "the good guys" (that ought to stir a pot here)

Louis N. Molino, Sr., CET

FF/NREMT-B/FSI/EMSI

LNMolino@aol.com

979-690-3607 (Home Office)

"A Texan with a Jersey Attitude"

The comments contained in this E-mail are the opinions of the author and the

author alone. I in no way ever intend to speak for any person or organization

that I am in any way whatsoever involved or associated with unless I

specifically state that I am doing so. Further this E-mail is intended only for its

stated recipient and may contain private and or confidential materials

retransmission is strictly prohibited unless placed in the public domain by the original

author.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

"The care of human life and happiness . . . is the first and only legitimate object of good government."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist