RE: 'Sound Science'? Bush close - see data.

I would say this is really two issues.

Scientific groups are self-promoting.  In some cases,

it may be that members have a desire to learn about a

certain subject matter, and would like to research go

forward in the field.  Obviously, as more is learned

about a subject, a "worldview" or line of thought is

developed as other paths are ruled out.

Unbiased is more difficult to define.  Obviously, the

fact that the world is round, which was known by the

ancient Greeks, is a bias statement.  Anyone who

claims otherwise otherwise would suffer bias.  In

cosmology, there were several concepts that have

fallen by the wayside.  The gravitaional expansion

constant that Einstein introduced and then dismissed

is now regaining favor.  I believe that a few years

ago there was a bias against the concept of an

expansion constant.  However, truth through the use of

the scientific process will prevail.

--- Glenn Marshall <gmarshall@SEC-TN.COM> wrote:

> Is there a single scientific group that is NOT

> self-promoting or in some way

> predisposed to a particular worldview or line of

> thought?  Can anyone name a

> single scientist who is completely unbiased?

> Glenn Marshall, CHP

=====

"The care of human life and happiness . . . is the first and only legitimate object of good government."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com

Yahoo! Search - Find what you.re looking for faster

http://search.yahoo.com