Re: X-Rays at Podiatrist Office

The writer does not say one way or the other.  The

requirement for dosimetry may be mandated by the

state.  In Maryland, it is not required as

occupational exposures have been shown to be less than

100 mrem per year.  Of course, you would expect

reasonable healh physics practices of increased

distance from the x-ray tube, and possibly shielding.

(I have seen units located at the corner of hallways.)

Generally, the use of x-rays in podiatry is not

routine, i.e., the patient does not get one every

visit.