Re: X-Rays at Podiatrist Office

i.e., the patient does not get one every visit."

When I was in need of help with foot issues, buniottes, I had an x-ray

everytime I went to the office to see what was going  on with my feet.  My

first visit was about 6 years ago and I needed corrective surgery then and I

waited. When I had more time to be off my feet I returned, more x-rays a few

years later and the surgery was scheduled.  After the surgery each time I

came back both feet were x-rayed again and again.  Even on my last visit.

Probably five post-surgerical visits and all required x-rays.  I was told it

was to monitor my healing process.

I know that the x-ray technician followed the "normal" routine of safety

with the lead apron and going behind the wall.

The office was part of a Orthopedia group so they utlized all the same

support staff.  I live in Connecticut.

- Sandy