Re: X-Rays at Podiatrist Office

Then, there are those patients who generate a lot of

revenue for the office.

http://www.footcare4u.com/ailments/bunions.html

and

http://www.health.harvard.edu/hhp/publication/view.do?name=FCB

"Buniottes?"

--- Sandra <bengeks@connix.com> wrote:

> podiatry is not routine,

> i.e., the patient does not get one every visit."

> When I was in need of help with foot issues,

> buniottes, I had an x-ray

> everytime I went to the office to see what was going

>  on with my feet.  My

> first visit was about 6 years ago and I needed

> corrective surgery then and I

> waited. When I had more time to be off my feet I

> returned, more x-rays a few

> years later and the surgery was scheduled.  After

> the surgery each time I

> came back both feet were x-rayed again and again.

> Even on my last visit.

> Probably five post-surgerical visits and all

> required x-rays.  I was told it

> was to monitor my healing process.

> I know that the x-ray technician followed the

> "normal" routine of safety

> with the lead apron and going behind the wall.

> The office was part of a Orthopedia group so they

> utlized all the same

> support staff.  I live in Connecticut.

> - Sandy

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

> body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

> archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

=====

""A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind and won't change the subject."  Winston Churchill

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com

Yahoo! Search - Find what you.re looking for faster

http://search.yahoo.com