Re: NIOSH Reconstruction Western NY worthless

March 24

	Louis Ricciuti (LR) wrote:  "I have reviewed the entire NIOSH report

released last fall and have found GAPING HOLES in it. Inaccuracies and

incomplete research seem to prevail".  (LR's emphasis)

	I am not necessarily questioning LR's qualifications to review the NIOSH

report, but what are they?  How many pages in this report and how much time

did LR spend reviewing it?  How does he know it has "GAPING HOLES" in it?

How does he (apparently) know more than do NIOSH and its investigators?

How does he know there are inaccuracies and incomplete research - or at

least what leads him to assert that they "seem to prevail"?

	Can LR provide a link to the report on the NIOSH web site?  Some of us

might like to read it and draw our own conclusions.  (Louise Slaughter, the

U. S. Representative who was quoted in the article LR appended to his

posting said the report is on the NIOSH web site.)

	Who or what is the MJW Corp.?

	Who is "Mr. Dooley" and what does he have to do with anything?

	The comment about "passing the butter" is vulgar and uncalled for.  (Yes,

I saw "Last Tango in Paris".)

	Have there been any epidemiological studies conducted on the workers in

question, and where were the studies reported?  Please present full

citations, and not to John Gofman either.

	In his reply to Ray Hoover, LR said, "I pledge to the flag, God and all."

Big deal.  Being a super-patriot doesn't make you right about anything

pertaining to claims for compensation for alleged - or even real -

occupational illnesses.

	LR sneers at Mr. Hoover for writing "in appropriate," instead of

"inappropriate," but he spelled "credability" incorrectly.  Whose

credibility was damaged by that?  Besides, Ray Hoover's error might have

stemmed from accidentally hitting the space bar, not from an outright

misspelling of a word.

	Come on, Lou, baby, throw me a pitch.  Maybe I can't bat 1000 or hit

anything over the outfield fence, but I'll sure be glad to give it a try.

We've seen your polemics, now let's see your science, evidence, and

epidemiology.

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com