Re: Taiwan, cobalt-60

Congratulations, Jerry, on your assist with the Taiwanese presentation of

their "serendipitous experiment" in J Am Phys and Surg (my comments in

another post to radsci).

The question of age difference of apt dwellers exposed (0.4 Sv av) and

Taiwan pop (control) is partly answered by Fig 1, showing cancer /100,000

was 80 in 1983 for gen pop, 50 in 1983 for exposed, but a plunge to c23 in

1984 and to c17 in 1985 for those irradiated!

As a non-credible epidemiologist, I doubt whether we could ethically devise

a more convincing "experiment" to satisfy FDA. I believe we should NOW take

this Chen,Yuan (Taiwan cancer), Cameron (NShipyard WS) and BCohen (USA

County Radon vs Lung Mortality) studies to FDA as SUFFICIENT documentation

of LDR safety and benefit for chronic administration of 0.5 to 10 rem by MDs

and HPs with added certification.

Howard Long