RE: Al-Qaida may have nuclear weapons

I am reading an book in which the author notes a

difference between modeling and simulation.

Basically, in modeling you use parameters that allow a

prediction to be made.  However, the parameters may

not match real world situation but extreme cases.  In

a simulation, you are limited to what has or could

occur, and you work from there.

--- "George J. Vargo" <vargo@physicist.net> wrote:

> All models are wrong, but some models are useful if

> one understands and

> accepts their inherent limitations.  Yes, LNT has

> its many flaws, but unless

> and until one is willing to accept individual

> designer dose limitations

> based on gender, age, specific cancer, and other

> lifestyle modifiers (e.g.,

> smoking), it's the best "one size fits none"

> solution that we have.

> Glen is exactly on point.

> George J. Vargo, Ph.D., CHP

> Senior Scientist

> MJW Corporation

> http://www.mjwcorp.com <http://www.mjwcorp.com/>

> 610-925-3377

> 610-925-5545 (fax)

> vargo@physicist.net

=====

""A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind and won't change the subject."  Winston Churchill

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com