RE: Radiation Resistant Bacteria

Dear Listers,

Years ago i tried to find out how much radiation is needed to sterilise some

sensitive instruments. I was adviced to irradiate to at least 2000 Gy to be

sure i killed all bacteria. This would take irradiation the during whole

weekend.

Does anyone know if these numbers can be correct?

Also i wonder what is the actual radiation dose for the bacteria found under

these tanks?

André Geerdink