Re: query

This is a possible chemical explanation.  In the body fluid environment (pH slightly basic, moderate chloride concentration), americium will almost certainly exist in solution as Am(III).  Plutonium, on the other hand, may well be Pu(IV), which forms an intrinsic colloid and would be far less rapidly absorbed through the GI tract.

Ruth

Ruth Weiner

ruthweiner@aol.com

--