RE: Licensing Radioactive Material Offshore Africa

At 05:29 PM 8/13/2004, you wrote:

>............. If as it appears they are being shipped to Angola and the

>government of Angola does not have licensing requirements, then what if any

>requirements are imposed by the shipping organization.  I would think that

>there may be requirements the shipper has to meet to deliver the source

>material (e.g. only shipping to an organization licensed to receive the

>material).

AFAIK, provided you have an import permit to bring the material into

Angola, and meet all ICAO/IATA requirements for shipping (packaging, labels

and marks, paperwork), that is all that is needed.

Doug

Doug Aitken             Schlumberger Drilling and Measurements QHSE

Advisor

Phone (Sugarland):      281 285-8009

Phone (Home office):    713 797-0919

Phone (Cell):           713 562-8585

Principal E-mail: jdaitken@earthlink.net

Schlumberger E-mail: daitken@sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com

Mail:   300 Schlumberger Drive MD2, Room 111

         Sugar Land, TX 77478